I am enjoying the extra hour this weekend for much needed downtime and taking in fall sunsets and scenes.
Miko has been enjoying warm snuggle time on laps and his many, many blankets and beds all over the house because he is not a happy camper unless he has a comfy landing spot in every room with us.
Eats have been simple, but also embracing the cooler weather with noodle soups, turmeric salad, soy curl stir fries, and tofu nuggets and baked butternut squash with ginger hemp sauce.
And more pizza using Miyoko’s Liquid Vegan Pizza Mozzarella, one container goes a long way for many pizzas. This time on a sourdough crust with spinach and seasoned soy curls.
Still impressed with the texture and flavor of it after baking, wow.
Now that it is cool enough, we took Miko on a little lunch adventure today to Plant Power Fast Food since they have a dog friendly patio and tried more items. Apparently it was a little chilly for him in the breezy shade and he was happy to stuff himself into my sweater to share lunch.
We tried the “chicken” sandwich, the buffalo ’66 sandwich, the wings, and regular fries. All was great, but the “chicken” sandwich was really great with vegan ranch and crispy texture.
Then we walked Miko around the midtown area taking in colorful leaves, the City of Trees is such a gorgeous sight this time of year. Miko was happy to zigzag the sidewalks and take in all the smells. Okay, facing another work week – we can do this, right? How about starting with the list.
- This roasted Brussels Sprouts stalk might be a perfect vegan Thanksgiving recipe.
- Ways to get better at hiking. Because we need more tree therapy.
- Everything is a practice.
- 25 easy vegan recipes. Easy is good now.
- Globally inspired vegan recipes.
- Jackfruit tacos, yum.
- These pumpkin burgers look wonderful.
- Giada’s vegan recipes sound amazing.
- More vegan Thanksgiving recipes. Wow, it’s almost here.
- First vegan mayor of NYC. Cool.