It’s been a low-key weekend here, we didn’t even step out to eat because I spent some time working this weekend. Ugh, I hope things settle down soon. It was another hot weekend and Miko was perfectly happy to chill inside with us.
I did get out for some runs to take in the scenery, perfect time of year for sunset runs after work when it’s not too hot.
And tried to get a little more creative in the kitchen. There were more simple stir fries, but also beans and rice and vegan pizza with Miyoko’s Vegan Mozz.
We are starting to get summer squashes and other goodies from the garden that I have been using in simple dishes this week.
Of course there was more kale salad and breakfast quinoa with chopped dried apricot and peanut butter for an interesting breakfast.
And we discovered that Trader Joe’s Strawberry Oat Frozen Dessert with Almond Brittle and Candied Strawberries is delicious! Smooth, creamy, soft, and a perfect summer treat. And made a nice treat to end the weekend with. I am trying to mentally prepare myself for the week ahead and hope everyone has a great week starting with the list!
- Find freedom in any moment. Something I really need now.
- Grow your own sprouts in a mason jar.
- Finally, good vegan at Panda Express!
- More Americans becoming vegan and vegan-curious.
- Can’t wait for this book after eating at Little Pine multiple times!
- Best vegan ice cream for the summer.
- Looking forward to the Planteroni pizza!
- And looking forward to Impossible Foods alternative chicken nugget.