Happy Easter! It has been a crazy last two weeks or so, just crazy. I worked very long hours both days last weekend getting equipment ready for a new contract and didn’t have energy to do much else. We got everything done in time, but it was a scramble that burned me out a bit, especially after working 12 long days in a row. Miko has been such a sweetheart and I hated not being able to spend much time with Ron or him while being so consumed. I didn’t even get much time to enjoy our new patio set in the warming weather and this great solar lamp I got for the center of it that creates a tree light pattern around the table.
And why is it that when we’re super busy, that’s when other annoying things happen that we don’t have time to deal with? While driving home last week, I had my head turned just slightly to merge into traffic when I heard what sounded like a large gunshot on my windshield. When I turned my head, all I saw was a huge crack going across it and the impact spot of whatever it was that hit it. Over the next few days, that cracked snaked across my windshield becoming very annoying and something I would surely get a ticket for if caught, so in it went for a new windshield yesterday after many long calls to our insurance company.
Before my two weeks of chaos, we had a fun family backyard gathering where decadent vegan burgers were grilled for us and we watched the family dogs play. Except Miko, he prefers my lap when he’s had enough of the hyper, big, young dogs.
After one of my long weekend days at work, hubby had a sweet setup outside with snacks and wine for dinner. There have also been lots of salads and simple veggie dishes.
We have started enjoying eating out again and it’s been wonderful. Pho Vegan Asian Cuisine dining room is open and so is our favorite Thai place and it’s been so nice to get out for great vegan dishes.
More simple eats – salad, potato curry sautés, kicky beans and rice, and Kite Hill vegan raviolis.
Ron tried Upton’s Naturals Deluxe Ch’eesy Bacon Mac with added veggies and was a fan. More salads and tofu stir fries for me.
And yesterday I finally made it to Peet’s Coffee to pick up a treat for us – the Everything Plant-Based Sandwich. I have been meaning to try this for awhile, but there is not a Peet’s very close to us and I have not been much of a morning person on weekends lately. I placed an order for them online setting my pickup time and they were ready to grab when I got there. It was mainly for Ron who is a huge breakfast sandwich fan and this thing is crazy good with a thin everything bagel bun, Beyond Meat breakfast patty, Just Egg layer, and vegan cheddar cheese. It’s insanely good and decadent.
If you have Peet’s in your area, get this immediately! This will be a regular weekend treat for us I think.
And last night we enjoyed dinner on our patio, a huge Cesar salad for me with vegan cheese and Trader Joe’s Vegan Cesar dressing and a crazy Impossible Burger creation for Ron with air fried tater tots covered in Miyoko’s Pepperjack cheese – total weekend meal!
And now I’m fighting the Sunday blues after coming off such a busy week, so much laundry to catch up on, should get more done for work, etc. But also looking forward to our Easter gathering later today. I hope you have a good week ahead and this long list makes for a positive start.
- 13 must try vegan places in Sacramento. We’ll be getting to all of these soon!
- Come on Orlando, go 100%!
- I want to try all of these vegan food trucks.
- And all of these dishes.
- Hungry Planet helps to fight food insecurity. Love this.
- New vegan handbag collection. I’m in trouble since I got a thing for vegan handbags.
- It’s starting to feel like there are more vegan cheese options out there than the dairy stull and that’s a good thing!
- Vegan hair care options.
- This vegan bolognese recipe looks insanely good!
- Vegan Ethiopian restaurants to try in the US. I’m going on a food road trip when I get a long-range EV!
- Best vegan food products of 2021. So much to try!
- Viral vegan recipes and they all look good.
- I’ve got to try Souley Vegan!
- And Trader Joe’s Vegan Bolognese sauce!
- Looking forward to these vegan shrimp!
- These tacos sound delicious.
- Lots of vegan carrot recipes here. Yes please.
- Move vegan road trip inspiration. Yup, saving up for a long range EV!
- Best vegan protein sources.
- Zooey’s vegan pesto sounds perfect.
- Martha Stewart is a fan of vegan meat.
- Plant based foods dominating. Yes!
- Vegan seafood options. Have not watched Seapiracy yet, but I need to apparently.
- I need to try Lizzo’s Brussels Nachos now!
- And this Cesar Salad with Smoked Chickpeas.