Happy Sunday, I hope you’re having a good weekend. We got a little relaxing in this weekend and playing a bit of catch up with chores and projects after a few busy weeks. Miko has been having a great time with lots of cuddles, snacks, and fun at our backyard Easter family party last weekend.
He did not have so much fun Friday afternoon at a vet appointment to get his heart checked up and medication adjustment, poor guy! Easter was a low key backyard gathering where we were clearly feeling creative with hiding plastic eggs for the kids, haha. And had a very non-traditional Easter meal of a taco bar where it’s always easy to create a vegan salad plate.
This week was also Ron’s birthday and it was nice to celebrate it by going out to eat again at Il Fornaio where the menu was a lot smaller than it used to be for these times, but still had great vegan options and was such a nice experience.
There have also been lots of simple eats and odd salads this week using up what we had and not having a lot of time to grocery shop.
Friday night we were both feeling a little ick after our second shots and went with a simple dinner at home using up a Grocery Outlet find that had been sitting in the freezer for while – Fry’s Smokey BBQ Woodfired Vegan Pizza. I added shredded Miyoko’s Mozz and frozen spinach to make it a heartier meal.
It made a delicious and simple dinner, the vegan “chicken” strips were much tastier than expected. And yesterday I broke out another GO find I’ve been ignoring in the fridge for a week – Yves Falafel Balls. I baked them per the instructions, and crumbled them into a loaded kale salad using Kite Hill Tzatziki sauce for the dressing which made a wonderful salad combo.
Today it’s running, lots of laundry, gardening, and helping my dad with a house project before another busy week. It’s been hard fighting the Sunday blues lately with so much going on at work. I’m very thankful to be busy and a lot to do with new business, but getting enough help in the office is still a tough challenge. Everything seems like it’s more complicated lately than it needs to be which has been like that for awhile now and I’m hoping that settles as things start moving back to normal.
On a lighter note, the vegan world is very active with this week’s list!
- I still need to watch Seaspiracy, but it sounds infuritating and I’m already a vegan.
- I would love to hang out with these vegan superheroes.
- How to introduce kids to a plant based diet.
- Best vegan cookbooks of 2021.
- Testing the best vegan bacon options.
- This 61-year-old vegan makes me wish I had more gym time!
- Time to take vegan more seriously.
- Another vegan breakfast sandwich to try here. Yes!
- How to make creamy vegan cheese sauce.
- Vegan guide to The Cheesecake Factory.
- Viral vegan TikTok recipes.
- Vegan spam? Sure, why not.
- 20 vegan Mexican recipes.
- More vegan fish alternatives.
- Move vegan luxury handbags. Yes please.