How are you? Staying safe while getting ready for the holidays I hope. Interesting times here, well this entire year really and cases are going crazy in this state again and ugly fights over locking down again due to it. Meanwhile we’re just trying to lay low, make the most of staying home, and get into the Christmas spirit watching movies and taking in the beautiful scenery in our backyard.
Work has been very crazy which I’m struggling with a bit. I am thankful to be busy, but there are so many projects going on and staffing/management challenges to navigate through that I find myself working more on the weekends and having a hard time clearing my mind of the stress when not working. Miko has been a sweetie loving extra walks and a case of V-Dog Breath Bones we got him, he carries them around the house looking for the perfect hiding spot to enjoy later.
Last Sunday, we had some friends over for a small, socially distanced friendsgiving enjoying our new backyard fire bowl and a new recipe I tried, Jackfruit Pot Roast.
I was almost going to pick up takeout for the get together because I was feeling burned out, but decided on this simple one-pot meal to serve with appetizers and bread rolls. It’s was actually a great hearty and comforting winter recipe while being lighter and more whole food based compared to traditional versions – so thumbs up and I will be trying more variations of it.
Other eats this week have been simple or leftovers – tempeh stir fries, cheesy soy curl sauté with veggies, and kicky beans and rice made by Ron.
Ron sweetly grabbed Daiya vegan pizzas and goodies to customize them for dinner on Friday – pineapple, spinach, olives, and mushrooms make a great combo.
Yesterday we did not leave the house except for dog walks and had a quiet evening in the backyard enjoying the fire bowl, Miko loves to be bundled up in a blanket in my lap watching it.
Then I made protein pasta with minced cauliflower and spinach mixed into the sauce topped with vegan parm.
And now trying to prepare myself for another crazy week, last week seemed to fly by! Maybe this one will too, ugh. And finish up shopping. Hopefully this list is an encouraging start to your week.
- This recipe is a must try for the holidays!
- And all of these cookie dough recipes.
- Can’t wait to road trip to the bay area again for this!
- 10 vegan cookbooks for the holidays.
- More vegan options from Coffee Mate.
- And Starbucks.
- Vegan cake recipes for the holidays. Maybe I need to try more baking this year!
- Vegan products from Costco.
- Add Beyond Meatballs to that list.
- Simple vegan cookies. Yes please.
- Vegan athletes show off their training. I could use some training inspiration for home workouts!
- Vegan power-lifting is the next chapter.
- Lady Gaga’s special edition Oreos are vegan.
- Veganism and zero-waste eating.