Well, it’s less smoky here now, the air quality has improved, but still not good enough for outdoor runs and dining out. And work has been busy, very busy. Friday was a very long day that started at 6AM with server issues, so it’s been nice to decompress a little this weekend.
Miko has been such a sweetheart always snuggling near us and loving his comfy bed with pillow and blanket next to my work from home desk.
He had another follow up vet appointment Friday where we finally got some good news – his heart is doing better after the diuretic shot and increased medication. So we’re sticking with his current medication dosage and he goes in for another follow up in a few weeks.
I’ve been trying to eat healthier this week with so much stress, lots of veggies loaded salads and stir fries.
On a recent trip to Costco, I found these Don Lee Farms Veggie Bites – basically tater tots loaded with organic veggies instead and fun to toss into an air fryer.
And also fun to saute and break up into crispy bits to add to salads. Ron has been enjoying them air fried with vegan burgers.
More spicy Thai tofu takeout this week, yum on kicky green coconut curry with tofu. And more garden progress, we have been planting another garden bed with kale, peppers, and potatoes and adding bee-friendly flowers.
We also tried Hella Hot Pig Out Pigless Pork Rinds this weekend! They are kicky and tasty with a satisfying crunchy texture. We gotta try the other flavors next!
Sigh, just fighting off the Sunday blues now, hoping for better air quality, less work stress, and maybe getting out for runs this week. I hope you have a good week and this list helps!
- New vegan tuna option coming. Interesting.
- I want to go to this vegan village.
- 7-Eleven carrying PigOuts, yum.
- Vegan is a manly diet.
- Oh my, it’s almost pumpkin spice season.
- And almost time to think ab out Thanksgiving, yikes!
- Vegan toast toppers.
- 10 best vegan cheeses. Yes, please.
- Aaron Ñiguez Esclapez makes vegan look good. And I might be addicted to his Instagram account now, so happy and energetic.
- Will post-COVID America go vegan?
- David Attenborough’s new film urges world to go vegan.