That’s what this week has felt like for me, coasting and getting through it. Miko has been a sweet little friend still happy to have us home more and spend more time in the backyard or trying to stand on me in our home gym. TV and laptop time are also great opportunities for more cuddles.
Still getting out for runs and enjoying seeing wildlife like this adorable geese family.
And it has been a week of chilled salads with a couple of days of triple digit heat and I have been loving adding fresh or canned corn and sauerkraut to them lately.
Also takeout from Zest Kitchen during an office day, the kicky veggie quesadilla hit the spot during a busy day. And vegan Thai takeout from our favorite local restaurant.
We are also still working through a fun pack we got from The Herbivorous Butcher and tried the Smoked Gouda Cheese-Free Cheese with crackers last night.
The rich and creamy flavor is delicious, satisfyingly smokey and savory. The texture is good for spreading, but there is room for improvement. Thumbs up and would buy again.
On a deal hunting trip to Grocery Outlet, I found Lavva Plant-Based Yogurt with no added sugar. I tried one in a blender salad dressing with garlic, liquid smoke, tahini, tamari, and apple cider vinegar.
It was deliciously tangy and kicky! Almost tasted like a decadent ranch dressing.
Still getting through these crazy times as I’m sure you are too. We’re looking at and planning fun and projects to get through a quieter summer. We have exciting plans for re-doing half of our backyard into a huge garden and looking at getting more into hiking and local water sports. I’m still spending about 50% of my time in the office and working from home for the rest and it seems that won’t be changing anytime soon. But I have a fun list of new recipes and happier news I hope to start the week.
- Get more from meditation. Something I should be doing more of while feeling more overwhelmed lately.
- 5 low calorie frozen vegan desserts for summer. Yes please.
- Love this vegan BBQ story and need to make a trip there soon!
- This Vegan Mushroom Stroganoff looks amazing.
- In case you’re looking for cute masks, Mercy for Animals has these cute cow and pig masks. Why not, we may be wearing them in public for awhile, right?
- Mike Tyson is thriving as a vegan.
- Vegan startups to watch.
- More on vegans having more endurance.