Still sheltering in place this weekend with one exciting trip to Grocery Outlet and some yard work yesterday trying to embrace tackling more house projects between binge watching. But evening runs and dog walks have been gorgeous with grazing goats out and cute families of geese.
Miko has been my work-at-home buddy in his bed next to my work space. He gets so comfy he snores loudly.
I did get lunch twice from Zest Kitchen this week when in the office, love simple and filling wraps with kombucha.
And lots of salads and veggie stir fries too trying to keep things healthy.
Hubby recently tried the Sweet Earth Awesome burger this week and was very impressed which is saying something because he is picky about vegan burgers. Maybe even slightly better than a Beyond Burger.
There was also a deal hunting trip to Grocery Outlet where I found new vegan dairy alternatives.
Friday night we had quiet dinner at home with a Classico Riserva pasta sauce, Explore Cuisine Organic Green Lentil Penne, and Lightlife Smart Ground plant-based crumbles for a very filling and fun dinner.
And we tried Parmela Creamery’s Dairy Free Smokey Gouda Spread on crackers.
It was delicious even though the texture can use a little work, it’s creamy, smokey, tangy, and savory.
And we found another fun vegan pizza to try – Pizza Oggi’s Plant-based Siciliana with Beyond Meat and gluten-free crust.
It is delicious! Hubby added mushrooms, but it has a rich and creamy sauce, nicely crispy crust, and a satisfying amount of Beyond Meat for a hearty treat.
We’ve found a few of the Cedarlane Plant Power options at Sprouts Farmer’s Market and they’ve all been delicious, and this dish was very creamy and rich – thumbs up for a comfort meal.
So whew, lots of new foods tried this week. But it’s been a delicious week and I’m trying to get pumped to start another work week tomorrow. Last week it was announced our county can move into the next phase of re-opening which means more shops can open and do curb side pickup and restaurants can open their dining rooms under social distancing guidelines which is good I guess. Maybe we’ll actually try eating out this week, we’ll see! I hope everyone is hanging in there! For now the list and it’s a good one this week.
- Covid-19 isn’t the only sickness spreading through meat plants. Creepy, but informative read and I don’t wish anyone to have to work in those conditions.
- A Guide to Dealing with the New Normal. A look at how this can help us grow.
- How to start exercising. I found this helpful while trying to stay motivated with a home routine.
- Is Brad Pitt vegan? Wouldn’t that be awesome?
- About that flawed study on veganism and mental health. No surprises here, but ugh.
- Vegan sausage and grits recipe. Yum, I’d have this for dinner.
- And vegan fried rice – also yum.
- Best vegan meat recipes. Lots of great inspiration, gotta try the soy curls recipe.
- Vegan MMA fighters. Never get tired of vegan athlete articles.
- Lots of vegan gnocchi recipes. Yum!
- Fun ways to use chia seeds. I have been terrible about remembering to use them lately.