Happy Memorial Day weekend! I am pretty excited about having another day off. The weather has been strange all week with storms, hail, rain, and chilly temps. So lots of gym runs and frustrated chihuahuas.
Miko has just been a sweet heart, very cuddly with hubby and I and happy to claim the warm sheets out of the dryer before I can get them on the bed.
It has been an interesting week of eats with odd food cravings. Hubby made a delicious bean pasta dish simmering textured vegetable protein in marinara sauce to make it “meaty” and I whipped up a simple balsamic salad to go with it.
I also simmered chopped sweet potatoes and chickpeas in marinara sauce for a simple, one pot meal that was tasty.
There was also simple tofu stir fries and steamed artichoke with more salad.
And an interesting Mexican quinoa dish with white beans, corn, and tomatoes mixed in that was very filling. A simple kidney bean veggie stir fry work great after another busy day.
Steamed spaghetti squash topped with more textured vegetable protein marinara sauce that was delicious. And a monster romaine salad with apples, chickpeas, sauerkraut, and a creamy garlic ginger hemp seed dressing.
We also went out to Pho Vegan Asian Cuisine for Mock Orange Chick’n with brown rice.
And to Brick Yard where they can veganize any burger with a Beyond Meat patty and vegan cheese, my Spicy Thai Peanut Burger was delicious!
It was raining pretty hard this morning, so I stepped out for a later run when the rain was supposed to stop for a few hours. It didn’t and started down pouring about 0.5 miles into the run. I got drenched and just went with it, but it was cold with the wind!
And it down poured again as we drove to Whole Foods to load up for tomorrow. Out family plans fell through for the weekend, so we grabbed some fun new vegan foods at Whole Foods to try like the new Whole Foods brand Smoked Gouda vegan cheese slices and Upton’s super creamy vegan Ch’eesy Mac.
I hope everyone has a great day tomorrow, but first the list.
- Running for healthy bones.
- Running and aging do mix.
- Get mad at climate change, not vegans.
- What a distance running vegan eats.
- Many great vegan Memorial Day recipes.
- Looking forward to Little Caesar’s vegan pizza.
- Low calorie vegan ice creams, yum.
- Can kids follow a vegan diet? Yes! Ugh, so tired of all the negative vegan parent articles.
- This vegan GoT star is promoting a vegan economy. We just started watching GoT, still on season 1.
- Eating vegan and Taco Bell.
- Meat and dairy most common allergens for dogs.
- Vegan dogs live longer.
- Safety tips for running on roads and trails.
- Most common running injuries and how to fix them.