Sunday again already? Time flies, but it’s been a great weekend. We’ve been getting a lot of rain this week with off and on storms. So, darn, too stormy to do yard work. We did get a great walk in last Sunday while it was still warm and sunny and visited a cute pair of baby goats at our neighbor’s house.
They really wanted to meet Miko and Leela, Miko was not too sure, but Leela didn’t seem to care.
The sweet neighbor even brought out food so we could feed them, looked like oatmeal trail mix and they loved it. I like the parsley pesto steamed veggie dish I made for dinner after, but it still needs perfecting.
After all the excitement and dinner, Miko crashed in his office bed while I wrote.
Other eats this week included steamed squash and salad.
And interesting seasoned lentil, quinoa, and rice blend I experimented with and a very simple and fast tofu tamari stir fry after a busy weekday and being tired after getting home from the gym.
We also had a great lunch at Pho Vegan Asian Cuisine, love the mock lemon chick’n with brown rice.
I also experimented with making a savory lentil and kale breakfast hash by sauteing cooked lentils with kale and adding vegan sour cream, nutritional yeast, and a salt-free seasoning blend that came out pretty good. Then there was a kale lentil salad for lunch because I had batch cooked lentils to use up.
Last night we met some friends at Vegan Plate for dinner before seeing a movie and the food was great. We started with veggie rolls, I got the Japanese curry dish loaded with rice and veggies and hubby got the orange vegan chick’n, broth great. Out friend got the veggie balls over zucchini noodles with marinara sauce which looked great. So did her husband’s vegan beef bowl.
We had a great time chatting and catching up before heading to see A Dog’s Journey and it was such a cute movie with some dusty moments. Not sure hubby and I would have picked that movie, but I’m glad we did.
Boo on the weekend being over, but I hope everyone has a great week! But first, the list.
- 8 yogic foods for wellness. This is the first I’ve heard of yogic foods, interesting!
- Vegan options are everywhere as restaurants evolve to meet demand. True for the US too I think.
- Aladdin star launches vegan online community. Love this, the more community the better!
- 7 vegan dessert hummus recipes. Still unsure on dessert hummus, but open minded.
- This impressive 14-year-old wants to change kids views on healthy, vegan food. Love this, so inspiring at such a young age.
- Mayim Bialik talks living a vegan lifestyle and encouraging others.
- Vegan leather work bags. Still torn on vegan leather that looks real, but these are gorgeous choices.
- Chick-fil-A might add vegan options.
- Umbrella Academy star demands vegan school lunches. Love this too.
- This vegan bodybuilder is a bad ass.
- 7 vegan recipes for summer. Yes, time to mix it up with new ingredients.
- These pulled jackfruit tacos look simple and fun.
- The link between breast cancer and diet. Interesting read on fat trends over the years.