The last few days have been a strange whirlwind here being very busy at work and struggling for motivation to do anything outside of work with the heat and awful smokey air. There aren’t any serious wild fires near us, we’re getting a lot of smoke from the major fires in Northern California now and the air is just strange with an orange glow and so hazy we can barely see the sun. So runs and workouts have been indoors this weekend and being lazy with the pups enjoying the AC.
Even dog walks have been shorter this weekend due to air quality which Miko is not happy about. Hopefully this clears up soon and it’s so awful to see the news coverage of the fires, very sad! I also worked for a few hours yesterday setting up new IT equipment in a warehouse that was not air conditioned guzzling ice water. Not very relaxing, but the overtime will be nice.
Last night we went to a friend’s party with tons of food and they were so sweet to have three vegan dishes for us and a few other vegans at the party that included a peanut noodle salad, broccoli rabe, and a great quinoa salad. I got so sidetracked chatting that I didn’t get pics, but it was such a good time chatting until nearly midnight. I have been having more fun with weekend breakfasts to break from our weekday smoothie rut. Saturday was cinnamon raisin oatmeal and turmeric tofu scramble with green onions and chopped Tofurky sausage this morning.
Lots of simple salads this week with the weather being so hot! And I’ve been really into simple potato dishes lately such as sauteing chopped red potato, broccoli, and carrots in a garlic marinara sauce with added garlic, nutritional yeast, and Italian seasonings for an easy one pot meal.
We had a great lunch at Pho Vegan Asian Cuisine where I got the sweet and sour mock pork this time.
The mock pork had a delicious crunchy texture and the sweet sauce was a fun, occasional treat.
We also stepped out for spicy Thai Friday night where my curried tofu dish with potatoes and peanuts did not disappoint.
Hmmm, potatoes and peanuts seemed to be a theme for this week. Okay, to the list.
- I love this story about Linda Middlesworth, a local vegan celebrity here and so passionate about the vegan lifestyle while thriving in her 70s. And my pups love V-Dog!
- What to do when running stresses you out. This is something I struggle with lately especially in the summer heat and dealing with work stress lately.
- And running isn’t always the best therapy. Sometimes we need more than running for stress relief.
- Best vegan lipsticks from Grok Nation.
- 5 vegan celebrities spreading the plant based message.
- Kate Mara discusses living with a non-vegan spouse.
- And more on Kate Mara’s vegan lifestyle.
- Just Egg will be here soon, exciting!
- 5 vegan principles to feel amazing.
- 7 vegan cheesecake recipes.
- A review of the new vegan items at the Costco food court. Gotta try that salad soon!