Today was a wonderfully calm day, perfect after a busy week. We had no specific plans, just went with it. Some of the highlights:
1. I finished watching Hungry For Change, an interesting documentary about the effects of processed food and chemicals on our health.
Overall it was a good documentary with lots of information and interview clips from plant-based diet superstars like Kris Carr, Frank Ferrante, and Joe Cross. At times the material was a little dry and negative with lots of depressing information about the effects of a processed foods-based diet, diet soda, sugar, etc. But it took a positive turn in the 2nd half focusing on good foods and inspirational health stories with testimonials from doctors and professionals.
2. I had a huge kale smoothie for breakfast.
I thought about having pancakes or something a little different for a weekend breakfast, but decided I was really just craving a smoothie and decided to roll with it.
3. Took in the signs of spring in our backyard, like our blooming plum tree.
Thriving cabbage in the garden.
And blossoming broccoli.
4. Played with our crazy cats and dogs who were thrilled that we were home.
5. Feeling inspired by Hungry For Change, I used my juicer to make a huge glass of kale, celery, carrot, ginger, and apple juice to go with lunch.
It tasted a lot better than the color looked!
6. I had a glass of wine, or two, with dinner.
7. And made a Tofurky cabbage stir fry for dinner.
Topped with nutritional yeast, of course.
How was your Saturday?