Whoa, Sunday again. We need longer weekends, but I am optimistic for a good week ahead. The rain and clouds came back today, but we were able to get some outdoor time before and seeing wildlife enjoying the very full lakes and ponds.
My goal for this year is to get to a healthier place with healthier habits and we’ve been doing that by batch cooking more beans and rice to use during week which is also much cheaper. I batch cooked a bag of pinto beans in the Instant pot to use in simple bean and rice dishes. But also splurged for the tasty Tiger Mountain Mushroom Burger from Zest Kitchen for lunch one day.
And we stepped out to Amy’s Drive Thru for salad, vegan burgers, and fries another day.
But there has also been simple noodle soy curl turmeric soup and large salads.
Another splurge last night was Wholly Veggie! Vegan Mozzarella Style Sticks which are insanely good and addicting! So we rarely buy them, but there were perfect with a fun at home pizza night.
Ron sweetly picked up vegan pizza ingredients yesterday to get creative and my kicky artichoke heart and olive creation came out tasty!
But I am fighting off a bit of the Sunday blues hoping for a good week ahead. Let’s start the week with some happy links!
- The Last of Us star Bella Ramsey is a vegan!
- Vegan Valentine’s Day candy.
- Most vegan friendly cities in the world.
- New vegan sushi at Whole Foods.
- New vegan “milk” chocolate brand.
- Time for a road trip to SF to try this new place.
- All of these vegan recipes sound amazing.
- This is a fantastic vegan ad campaign.
- Kate Mara on being a vegan activist.
- Vegan beauty brands at Target.
- Peloton’s Robin Arzón on being vegan.