Whoa, Sunday again after another weekend that flew by too fast. Not for Miko, he has been enjoying some serious napping when not begging during meals.
I have been trying to use up garden veggies in simple eats, we are getting lots of summer squash to mix into soy curl sautés and tofu stir fries. And lots of kale salad of course.
I have also been working through a package of dried vegan soy “beef” in our pantry for simple stir fries, and more salad. Yeah, lacking in kitchen creativity this week!
But we have gotten out for good eats to inspire more – spicy Thai curry tofu and an impressive soy chorizo burrito with spaghetti squash and house made vegan bean “meat” ball sandwich from The Porch Restaurant in Midtown Sacramento. The vegan pecan tartlet dessert was the perfect way to finish a nice night out.
And back to preparing myself for the week ahead hoping it’s less hectic, we’ll see! I hope you have a great week starting with this list.
- Accidently vegan snacks you can find at most stores. Okay, junk food, but good for road trips.
- Miyoko’s vegan cheese is expanding to more restaurants. Yes!
- This Oatmeal Banana Bread recipe sounds amazing!
- This Vegan Bean Stew sounds perfect for channeling fall.
- Looking forward to trying this new Trader Joe’s pizza.
- There is vegan Greek yogurt now.