Happy Sunday! I feel like this blog has been a boring lately because my life has felt like more work than play lately. Someday that will change and there will be more fun adventures, it will be safe to travel and even visit stores I’ve been missing since the pandemic started. Until then, weather was a big part of this week’s excitement, we got lots of rain and crazy enough winds to take trees and fences down. Not ours thankfully, I’m still not sure how the decaying, 14+ year old side of our fence survived, but I am thankful it did!
The weather brought beautiful views and we’ll be getting more rain next week which is a great thing. Miko was not happy with it at all, there was a couple of nights of bad sleep and not being able to get him out for walks. But he is much happier with the sunnier and warmer weather this weekend and content to cuddle inside.
Getting creative in the kitchen has been a challenge, I’ve been spending more time at work lately and just not feeling spending time in the kitchen after a long day. There have been more simple noodle soups using up pantry foods, huge salads, and beans and rice thanks to Ron.
I did make a fun pizza one night with pineapple, olives and peas that Miko was very ready to share with me.
There was also a delicious curry potato sauté, tofu stir fry, soy curl veggie stir fry, and vegan Thai eggplant takeout from a new local Thai place nearby.
Yeah, so it was not an exciting week – sorry. I finished up weeks of new manager training at work which was great and made progress on some large projects. Also tackling a lot of new challenges and looking to hire another team member. I have been working on fun house projects, but slowly because I’ve been enjoying relaxing and not doing much on the weekends after busy weeks too. Oh, shows! We’ve been watching Ted Lasso on Apple TV, WandaVision on Disney+, and I just started watching The Handmade’s Tale … whoa. I hope you’re doing well, staying safe, and getting through these times. And hopefully this list helps.
- Vegan food truck is getting too much business. Love this!
- Luxury vegan handbags. I got a thing for those!
- Love this new Ben & Jerry’s flavor.
- Yes, please to vegan egg bites.
- Vegan chef shares plant based cooking tips.
- Store bought vegan Super Bowl food. Ha, keep forgetting the big game is almost here.
- This guy got jacked on a plant-based diet.
- Vegan treats for Valentine’s Day.
- The ultimate guide for choosing a vegan wine.
- Vegan Girl Scout Cookies. Oh, it’s that time too!
- Making the switch to vegan is easy.