I hope you’ve been having a great weekend, it’s been relaxing and fun here. We got new phones and have been having a great time playing with the new camera which Miko has been the subject of most photos – haha.
Wow on the detail and low light action shots – those would have been dark blurs on my old phone. Crazy! Having too much fun with the low light photos in the backyard at dusk and on a foggy morning too.
And Miko is loving having warm fireplace time again.
And still trying to get more creative and healthy in the kitchen trying some new finds from Grocery Outlet – Franklin Farms Seitan Strips in a simple veggie sauté and a Bolthouse Farms kicky carrot miso dressing in a large kale meal salad.
The seitan was good with a hearty texture and versatile savory seasoning that wasn’t too strong or salty. The dressing is delicious with carrot chunks and strong ginger pop.
Other eats include a simple tofu cabbage stir fry with tamari, seasoned couscous with veggies, a typical lunch plate of leftovers, and a tempeh stir fry.
There was also kicky Thai takeout – curry coconut tofu with brown rice and a super simple lentil, carrot, and potato soup for dinner tonight making leftovers for simple lunches this week.
Ron has been loving the Impossible Burger lately since it appears to be readily available around here lately and that’s great. Into another week already, but Thanksgiving is almost here. We are planning a small backyard family gathering with a camping theme and fire pits to stay warm in the cold and pop-ups to stay out of the rain if needed. It will be an interesting year that we will make the best of! And I hope the list makes the best of starting a new week.
- Yum, more vegan cheese options!
- And more vegan roast options!
- Best vegan stuffing for the holidays.
- Surviving Thanksgiving as a vegan.
- Former WWE wrestler Ryback Reeves rocks vegan.
- Thanksgiving worthy vegan recipes.
- Sacramento dancer launches plant based business. Well, gotta support local!
- Best vegan winter coats. Since we’ll all be spending more time outdoors this year! I just picked up a Save the Duck jacket from ThredUp, it’s pretty awesome.
- Vegan baking mixes for the holidays. Maybe I will get more into baking this year!
- Vegan pies and tart recipes for Thanksgiving.