We are back to good air quality this weekend with fall temps which is wonderful, Miko has been happy to snuggle in his warm beds and blankets.
And Miko had a new adventure Saturday at the dog park. We went with my mom, her dog, my sister, and her dog. We stuck to the small dog side where Miko stayed close for shelter from an overly friendly and active pretty poodle with a pink barrette.
Last Sunday we had a great dinner at a friend’s house enjoying vegan takeout from El Papagayo who always has a great vegan menu and items for the Sacramento Vegan Chef Challenge. Then a delicious homemade brownie and horchata banana ice cream.
It was nice to hang out with good company and enjoy the cleaner air dining in their backyard. And the vegan fajitas were amazing!
My home eats have been pretty lazy and I have been even lazier about snapping pics, or just fried from such a busy week. Lots of salads, soy curl stir fries, and keeping it simple with leftovers.
There was spicy Thai curry tofu takeout and a delicious chickpea pasta dish with marinara and zucchini. And Miko’s plate of plain pasta to share of course.
Tonight we headed into Sacramento to enjoy Midtown Sushi’s Vegan Chef Challenge dishes on the patio because the air quality and temps were perfect for eating outside.
The Dynamite Bites and Vegan Katsu Bowl were delicious! Our eyes were bigger than our stomachs and we ended up bringing leftovers home. But it was so nice to get out for a nice dinner and enjoy the midtown action before heading into another busy week.
I hope you had a great weekend and will have a great week starting with this list.
- How to cope with the days running together. Something I have been really noticing lately and feeling more like weeks are chaotic, but dragging.
- Accidental vegan candies. Wow, it’s that time of year!
- Mmmm, healthy vegan pumpkin blondies.
- Lenny Kravitz making raw vegan look good.
- New vegan fish alternative. Yum.
- Building muscle on a plant based diet.
- 15 gifts for vegans.
- Best vegan products of all time?
- 5 things to add to your dog’s vegan diet.
- 6 myth-breaking vegan athletes.