How are you doing? Hard to believe we’re going on week 5 of our shelter in place order, I feel like I’m forgetting what normal was before this. But I do get to head into the office tomorrow and looking forward to it. Lots of Miko cuddles and sunset runs have been helping to get through this too.
And I scored toilet paper and lots of cheap tofu at Grocery Outlet yesterday, the biggest thrill of my weekend! But shopping gets more weird each week with new changes. This time re-usable bags aren’t allowed in the store at all and they only had those awful plastic bags for 10 cents each. We ended up loading the groceries back into the cart and bagging them at the car. Guess I’ll be keeping boxes in my trunk now for easier loading. And it’s not as fun while wearing an uncomfortable mask and trying to keep a distance from other shoppers.
I am still trying to support local vegan places for takeout when we can and got a great lunch from Zest Kitchen last week while in the office.
There have been more salads and stir fries too.
But this pasta dish I made with Explore Cuisine Organic Black Beans & Sesame Fettuccine was a real treat with spinach mixed in and steamed cauliflower.
So was this hearty tofu scramble with vegan sausage and more spinach.
And now I’m preparing myself for another interesting week at work. Things are starting to get old at week 5, I am struggling a bit to stay motivated in the fitness department and need to get more creative. And balancing working from home, managing a team, and who goes into the office when needed is still strange. But getting through it, being thankful, and trying to focus on home projects in moderation. Hopefully this list will help you get through it.
- Get a free anxiety workbook for dealing with the coronavirus.
- It’s okay if you can’t relax now. I can’t, there’s pressure to be productive, figure out what I want to do to relax, and wanting to read more, but tired and lacking focus when I make time for it.
- Queer Eye star promoting plant based.
- 15 vegan tomato recipes for kitchen fun.
- And 15 healthy pasta recipes.
- Snoop Dogg is awesome.
- Brian May goes vegan. Love vegan rock stars.
- Vegan crabless cakes recipe.
- Banza is pretty awesome.