March already, still trying to wrap my head around that. My mother-in-law passed this week and it’s been a sad and difficult time. We miss her dearly and are adjusting. It’s been nice to relax a little and catch up this weekend. Miko has been loving being a cuddly little buddy to us. And I got fully honked at going into work one morning by geese just hanging on the roof. Aren’t they pretty?
There has also been more deal hunting at Grocery Outlet which seemed to be the only store void of preppers this weekend in our area. I also got out for a short run this morning and caught in a surprise rain and wind storm. Eh, it was fun – I felt hardcore.
Eats have been simple this week with a kicky Spanish rice and veggie dish, tofu stir fries, and chickpea pasta with marinara, textured vegetable protein, and nutritional yeast.
Hubby has also been enjoying Laura’s Plant-Based Burgers.
They are a little freaky to cook because the beet coloring makes them look very realistic. But he gave the flavor and texture a thumbs up, comparable to Beyond.
We have been able to make multiple trips to Pho Vegan Asian Cuisine which has been wonderful after not being able to for work lunches for weeks. The Vegan Crabpaste Soup was delicious.
So was the spicy Pad Thai noodles and Kung Pao Tofu with brown rice.
And we headed out to Nectar Cafe for a date night last night where the vegan nachos were an amazing treat.
Slowly I am getting back into the rhythm with our new jobs and so much else going on, strange times for sure. I hope you have a great week and the list is an encouraging start to it.
- How to be more patient. I need this lately.
- This spicy noodle soup looks simple and delicious.
- Fun vegan combos from Trader Joe’s.
- Mmmm, vegan potato recipes.
- Lena Dunham is now vegan. Awesome!
- Easy vegan Trader Joe’s dinner ideas.
- How and why celebrities are going vegan.
- Vegan cooking show on Amazon Prime.
- More luxury vegan handbag options.
- 8 vegan athletes.
- Best store bought vegan mac and cheese.
- Vegan power lifter smashes record. And he was awesome at SacTown VegFest this year!
- Yum, more vegan cheese options!