Not sure I’m ready for the weekend to end, it’s been mostly relaxing inside thanks to wild rainy and windy weather. The clouds between the storms have been gorgeous while Miko fully preferred snuggling inside where it’s dry.
Both the pups have been happy to enjoy warm blankets and the fireplace lately, isn’t Leela adorable in her bed by the Christmas tree?
It was a busy work week and I have been loving simple eats at home with leftovers for even simpler work lunches – Trader Joe’s lentil and brown rice pasta with marinara sauce, textured vegetable protein, and kale made a few simple meals for hubby and I. Also simple stir fries and salad.
I whipped up a simple carrot and potato saute with tempeh and kale that came out delicious.
We stepped out for spicy Thai vegan tofu dishes Friday night and I tried this simple Vegetable White Bean Hash recipe last night from Forks Over Knives using kidney beans in place of the white beans and potato in place of the turnip and it came out delicious.
There was also a deal hunting trip to Grocery Outlet where hubby spotted a new plant-based burger tucked in with the meat – Pure Farmland Plant-Based Burger Patties.
He cooked one up for a loaded burger with vegan cheese.
And was very impressed with it, says it tastes a lot like a Beyond Burger and would get again. Always nice to see more plant based burger options!
Now I need to finish the laundry and get ready for the week. Hopefully the list will be positive motivation for the week.
- I am intrigued by the electric vegan Ford Mustang.
- Best vegan tamales in LA. Yes please.
- Vegan holiday gifts for men.
- Another vegan electric car, I like this trend.
- Vegan recipes loaded with B-12.
- Guide to vegan beauty products.
- Billie Eilish on why it’s a great time to be vegan.
- Quick and easy vegan recipes to mix it up.
- 7 vegan recipes for Christmas.
- Another vegan burger option at Costco.
- 13 vegan Christmas dinner ideas.
- Vegan gifts for women.