Still trying to wrap my head around that it’s November already and Thanksgiving is not far away. The last few weeks have been so busy at work with a new job that I haven’t even been thinking about the holidays. But the pups are embracing the cooler weather for lazy snooze time snuggled in blankets.
Leela is hanging in there, but getting slower with age and a little more confused being blind and mostly deaf. But she loves sleeping and eating.
This week has not been too exciting with food with the Sacramento Vegan Chef Challenge being over and me being busy. I made a simple, hearty bean stew using local heirloom beans, bay leaves, and other winter seasonings that made great lunch leftovers for a couple of days. Multiple huge salads and tempeh Brussels sprouts stir fry also.
We got to Pho Vegan Asian Cuisine for lunch one day for filling Mongolian vegan beef and spicy vegan chicken with brown rice. I never get tired of their consistently delicious food.
More Brussels sprout stir fries because I was working through a huge stalk I got from Trader Joe’s. Simple oil free roasted potatoes with another tempeh saute for dinner last night and a delicious vegan tofu pumpkin curry dish from a local Thai restaurant Friday night.
A lot more happened this week too, but it’s been kind of a blur – not in a bad way, I am really embracing the new job and projects I get to work on. But still adjusting to the workload and prioritizing which is getting better.
Things are also getting better in the plant based world with this week’s list:
- 10 easy vegan recipes for kids. Or me, these recipes looks delicious!
- This looks like a delicious dessert recipe for the whole family.
- How to make your skincare routine vegan.
- Cute vegan boots.
- Vegan sales surging.
- Healthy vegan protein bars.
- Going vegan in your 70s can fight disease.
- Best vegan jerky products.
- 7 vegan Thanksgiving recipes to forget turkey.
- 7 vegan leather handbags.
- Vegan dinner recipes you won’t get tired of.
- Should you even bother recycling plastic?
- The way of less clutter.
- Vegan and thriving.
- 10 great vegan fast food options.
- Top reasons to go vegan.