It’s been an interesting week, a lot going on at work, dentist appointment, doctor’s appointment, and our 10-year marriage anniversary celebration – ups and downs. The dogs have been enjoying being lazy while Miko has seemed extra clingy when we have been home with busy schedules.
Since it has been a crazy week, eats have been simpler at home with salads and stir fries.
I’ve been trying to use up foods in our pantry and made a stir fry and salad with a bag of vegan soy “beef”.
But a delicious marinara pasta dish with Banza Chickpea Pasta, sauteed summer squash, and vegan cheese melted in really stood out. And more chickpeas in a salad with spicy hummus dressing.
Thursday night we celebrated our anniversary at The Porch in Midtown Sacramento where I got the hearty Grilled Squash Salad with cashews and hubby got the Mushroom Walnut burger which was a delicious veggie burger with a crunchy texture.
But the vegan Bananas Foster Cake was out of this world! They Porch always has an amazing vegan vegan options that are being updated frequently for seasonal flavors. It was such a nice break during a crazy week.
Okay, to the list!
- 15 Best Vegan Items at Trader Joe’s.
- 15 vegan scone recipes. Yum.
- 10 vegan pudding recipes. More yum.
- Subway has a vegan meatball sub now, yay!
- Vegan keto recipes. So hot right now.
- How to switch to a plant based diet.
- Looking forward to trying Slutty Vegan one day.
- Impossible Burger coming to hospitals and schools.