Two days of triple digit summer heat means lazy and pouting dogs here. Leela is perfectly happy to sleep all day and take in air conditioning while Miko has been restless wanting more play and cuddle time.
Last Sunday we stepped out for a blissful dinner for my birthday at Revolution Winery were they had a special seasonal State Fair themed menu with more vegan items on it than not such as nachos, funnel cake, and even a vegan corn dog. We started with the Vegan Charcuterie with their famous smoked carrot lox, vegan cheese, fruit, and lots of great flavors.
I got the vegan nachos with Impossible Burger chorizo and hubby got REV primavera with Impossible Burger meatballs – both were amazing!
After such a decadent weekend of birthday eating, I had to cleans things up a bit for the week with salad, simple veggie stir fries, sautes, and more cool salads in the summer heat.
But back to weekend mode Friday with a spicy Thai vegan burger from Brickyard with a Beyond Meat patty.
Then spicy Thai tofu with my dad for a late birthday lunch. Other than that, I’ve been mostly getting the dogs out for early walks before the heat kicks in and staying inside during the hottest part of the day enjoying reading and air conditioning. Back to the grind tomorrow, boo. But first the list and I hope everyone has a great week!
- Baskin Robbins adds vegan ice cream. Yay!
- Vegan breakfast bar and cookie recipes. Yum.
- Best vegan cookbooks for every occasion.
- Such a beautiful vegan power couple.
- 13 vegan BBQ recipes to keep summer going.
- Vegan amino acid supplements.
- Another place to try on our next LA trip.
- This vegan Ninja Warrior is awesome.
- Products to join the plastic-free club.