Happy Father’s Day to the dads out there. We’re heading to my dad’s house shortly for a family gathering. It’s been a lazy weekend here for the pups, Leela has been really into sleeping all day with the weather warming while Miko still loves snuggling in his blanket for the chilly mornings.
It’s been a busy week with work, I’ve been on call with multiple outages and sweet Miko is always ready to keep us company in our home office when we’re working no matter how early I’m waken by the phone. I have not been great about food pictures with so much going on. But there have been salads and hubby made great tacos with Gardein vegan fillets.
I made delicious breakfast quinoa yesterday with cacao powder, blueberries, and vanilla oat milk. Turns out quinoa makes a great oatmeal alternative. And hubby sweetly made vegan marinara pasta for dinner last night.
He also discovered you can order food directly from The Herbivorous Butcher and got a pack that included vegan sausages, vegan ribs, and this vegan ribeye steak we cooked up Friday night. Hubby is a fan of the traditional steak and potato combo and has fun trying different vegan versions. This “steak” was huge! It had 3.5 servings and over 80 grams of protein.
I tried some slices on my salad, the texture was dense and very hearty. Between the two of us, we could only get through about half of the “steak” before getting too full. But the flavors were delicious – smoky, savory, sweet, and very satisfying.
We also had lunch one day at Pho Vegan Asian Cuisine where the Korean Noodle dish is a delicious treat! And loaded up on boxed Annie’s Organic Vegan Mac for cheap from Grocery Outlet.
Running has been dragging the last couple of weeks for me with the heat and work stress I think. I have been running, but slower and mixing in more cross training when I’m just not feeling like running after a crazy day at work. But things are starting to get back to normal, I had a great treadmill run at the gym yesterday and enjoyed this morning’s early run in the cool breeze and taking in a little nature and am trying to rev things back up and seriously consider training for races in the fall, we’ll see. And to the list to start the week off with.
- 5 lunch prep vegan meals for easier weeks. Leftovers and bulk cooking make up most of my weekday lunches.
- Wow on this vegan body builder.
- Canadian village goes vegan.
- Make your own IKEA vegan meatballs.
- Beyond Meat upgrades heat up vegan burger demand.
- Preacher Lawson whips up Chunky Vegetable Spaghetti.
- New browser add-on for vegan online shopping.
- Best vegan fast food in LA.
- Bryan Adams spreads pro-vegan message.
- Running helps this sports editor do his job.
- Vegan pet food might save the planet.
- This millennial is a vegan rock star.
- Vegan diet for under $30 a week.
- Tesla Model 3 and Y going vegan.
- After transforming his health, this vegan opens a plant based restaurant.
- Vegan male models.
- How a vegan diet affects your workouts.
- Rosario Dawson and Cory Booker’s vegan diet.
- Vegan beauty products at Target.
Laura S. says
Your breakfast quinoa with the cocoa and blueberries sounds most excellent to me! I’m with you on the family gatherings~ I painted my dads deck for his father’s day gift. And he said it was the best gift ever, the gift of time! I’m sure!!! Hope you enjoyed your weekend Christine!
Thanks, it makes a great, filling breakfast. That is so sweet for your dad, I would like that as a gift! We got ours an air fryer. You too on the weekend!
Hannah Kaminsky says
Wow, that steak does look crazy meaty! Since it’s a special order item, it’s nice that a little bit can go a long way.
Very true, we’re still working through the leftovers – chopped in a salad maybe? Looking forward to trying their vegan ribs next.