Tomorrow is July, how crazy is that? It has been a busy week here with both of our jobs and Miko has not been happy with us being gone all day and has been extra clingy at home.
He’s such a sweetheart and I hate leaving the pups to work all day. I’ve explained it’s needed to buy dog food, but they still pout.
Lots of salads and simple tofu sautes this week with leftovers of these dishes for fast work lunches.
Not too exciting, we didn’t even get a chance to go out out for lunch. But there have been fun eats this weekend with chocolate breakfast quinoa, Peanut Butter Puffins cereal with fresh strawberries. And Annie’s Organic Vegan Mac with added organic frozen veggies mixed in.
And we finally got out for a delicious spicy Thai curry tofu pineapple dish Friday and vegan pizza from Blaze Pizza with family for lunch today.
Last night we stepped out to see Aziz Ansari where I snapped a selfie on the way in because the venue was very serious about not using phones inside the show. It was a great show with two very different and great opening acts that any fan of Parks and Rec and/or Master of None would love.
And I got out for a slightly later and sluggish run this morning after a fun, late night.
Tonight I batch cooked a bunch of brown rice for easy week and dog meals, so I used some to whip up a veggie loaded black beans and rice dish in a wok seasoned with seasoned salt, hot sauce, garlic, cilantro, and smoked paprika for a delicious and simple meal. The leftovers will be perfect for lunch this week.
Wow on the 4th almost being here, right? I am not looking forward to the fireworks terrorizing poor Miko. It’s strange that he never cared about fireworks when he was younger, but Leela was terrified of them. Now Leela does not even notice them and Miko hates them. But we plan to stay home with him and enjoy a nice long weekend with family, movies, and fun. Sunday blues aren’t so bad going into a short work week. And here’s a great list to start the week with.
- Vegan burgers are popular late-night treats.
- How running daily changed this runner’s life.
- Dealing with a negative person.
- Mmmm, vegan panna cotta recipe.
- Vegan options at Pizza Hut.
- Vegan athlete with MS competes in Ironman. Wow.
- Vegan summer pasta recipes!
- Turmeric smoothie recipe. Yes please.
- Athletes pursue a vegan lifestyle.
- Gut bacteria key to running farther?
- Can dogs be vegan? Yes!
- Love these billboards and hope to them here soon.
- Vegan recipes for the 4th of July. Wow, that’s coming up!
- 5 vegan products to try.
- Vegan is gaining popularity according to GrubHub.
- Love this vegan girl band!
- Why these 7 doctors are vegan.
Have a great week!