It has been a packed week here, but in a good way having a productive week at work and getting some other projects done. And Miko has been happy to snuggle in his home office bed while we work and he’s just been so cute loving his blanket.
Evening walks have been cute and a little sad this week since the field near our house has grazing cows with calves. They are so cute and curious about us.
I love seeing them, but it’s tough to think about their future.
I have not been great about logging eats this week, but we have been going through a lot of watermelon since it’s cheap. Blending large chunks in a blender into liquid and adding a few tablespoons of chia seeds makes a delicious pre-run energy drink or having it ready to pour into smoothies.
There has also been simple, cooling salads with hummus dressing.
And oil free tofu stir fries to keep it simple after a busy day.
We also had lunch at Pho Vegan Asian Cuisine where I’m pretty sure I will never get tired of the kicky Kung Pao Tofu. And to Broderick for their house made Tree Hugger vegan burger. They were out of the Impossible Burger, so hubby had to get the Tree Hugger burger too and gave it a thumbs up.
Last night we had a great family gathering at my sister’s house to celebrate graduations and we brought bags of Lightlife Veggie Sausage Ravioli for the vegan dish. I was planning to make something more elaborate, but we found the ravioli at Grocery Outlet and bought plenty for everyone. They were delicious with a savory, meaty texture.
We also found Peanut Butter Puffins cereal at Grocery Outlet for a great price, so we had some for a fun breakfast with strawberries this morning.
And today we had a dine-out/board meeting for the Sacramento Vegetarian Society today at Abyssinia Ethiopian Restaurant where they set up a delicious vegan, oil-free buffet that was filling! We discussed planning for the next SacTown VegFest and arranging more events to engage more members. Now I just need more time. And I have been dragging at the gym this week adjusting to the heat I think, but still getting in runs which feels great despite the heat. I hope everyone has a great week and here’s a good list to start it with.
- Spicy summer recipes. Mmmm, vegan sausage, biscuits, and veggies.
- Making Vegan Sexy cooking demo.
- Best places to eat vegan in LA.
- Stop eating fish is the only way to save the ocean.
- Healthy vegan habits for everyone.
- Every hardcore metal fan should go vegan.
- Making the vegan transition.
- How to use fewer paper towels. Good for the environment and your wallet!
- How to get into running when you’re not really a runner.
- 48 hours in Berlin as a vegan.
- 8 ways for vegan seniors to stay active.
- Life-improving benefits of running.
- Smart athletes will go vegan according to John Salley.
- Which vegan milks have the most protein?
- Finally, Greta Thunberg is amazing and inspiring.