Happy Cinco De Mayo, have any fun plans today? I ran, did laundry and chores, met my sister at IKEA to find a couch laptop table which is waiting in the box for hubby to assemble, and we made vegan nachos for dinner. Miko has been on cuteness overload this week being a sweet friend. I think he knows I’m a little sad, Leela is not doing well and we have a vet appointment for her tomorrow which I’m really hoping goes well.
When I pulled into work one morning, there was a male turkey strutting his stuff for a female in the parking lot and they did not seem to notice me.
Love watching nature in action and we have a lot of wild turkeys around the office that are not bothered by people.
There have been a lot of interesting eats this week from a black bean salad with creamy Mexican hemp seed dressing, veggie loaded tofu stir fry, savory grits with spinach and vegan parm, and a kicky romaine salad with tangy dill dressing and more vegan parm.
There was also a simple lunch at Whole Foods which I have not done in ages, the weather was perfect for outdoor eating.
Kicky, cheesy chickpea scramble and a kidney bean spinach salad with creamy ginger miso dressing.
Tofu Eggplant with brown rice from Pho Vegan Asian Cuisine, black bean salad leftovers, and an interesting curry sweet potato saute with textured vegetable protein.
Whew, lots of eats! Running has been going, I got in 4 runs this week – three at the gym and one long run outside this morning along with elliptical workouts between runs. Outdoor runs are tough because we’re still in heavy allergy season and I’m having a tough time with eye irritation again, so more runs are indoors which is working out okay.
There was also a deal hunting trip to Grocery Outlet where I found a lot of Hail Merry treats to load up on.
Hubby and I had lunch at IKEA today and I was bummed that the cafe was not serving the new veggie dogs, but the curry veggie ball plate with grains and veggies was delicious. Impressed that there was romanesco broccoli mixed in!
And tonight hubby sweetly made vegan nachos while I watched and spent time with Leela. He used spicy blue corn tortilla chips, ground vegan sausage, Follow Your Heart Cheddar Shreds, Tofutti vegan sour cream with guac and pico. We shared the massive plate for dinner and could not finish it! But they were delicious for a fun dinner change.
Boo on another weekend being over. I hope everyone has a great week and here is the list to start it with.
- Less animals are dying because people are eating less meat. Good.
- This weekend a new vegan burger place opened in Midtown Sacramento, Burger Patch! I so wanted to go on opening weekend, but it was too crowded with waits up to 3 hours. Isn’t that awesome? Maybe we’ll try to go next weekend.
- I must try Cultured Cashew Milk at Trader Joe’s!
- Chef reverses diabetes on a vegan diet.
- 4 nutrients that make being vegan easier.
- This 97-year-old vegan will inspire you.
- New vegan dishes at Walt Disney World.
- Ziggy Marley’s Vegan Cookbook sounds awesome.
- Burger King getting the Impossible Burger. Awesome!
- Love fast food meat alternative treat.
- 9 summer vegan festivals. Yes please.
- New vegan meatballs from IKEA coming soon.
- Looking forward to trying Proudly Vegan Wine.
- Moby’s vegan brunch with Leo DiCaprio and Jane Goodall.