The weather is warming up here, but that does not stop Miko from blanket snuggling.
It’s never too hot for blanket snuggling for him, even in the summer he sleeps under a comforter all night while I’m waking up in hot flashes. Ah, the perks of being in my 40s.
Leela is hanging in there, but we need to make a vet appointment because it looks like one of her eyes is starting to swell which I was really sad to notice and hope it is not painful.
It’s been a good week of eats, maybe a little indulgent with eating out. But also a lot of breakfast smoothies and salads.
I made a great chickpea tomato curry dish with sweet potatoes and corn that made great lunch leftovers. And a simple veggie stir fry with leftover seitan and sweet peppers.
Salad, steamed acorn squash, fruit, and popcorn for lunch one day with my mom and vegan chili with roasted sweet potatoes made a great dinner combo.
By Friday night we were kind of fried after a busy week and went to our favorite local Thai restaurant for tofu veggie rolls and spicy tofu dishes.
More popcorn and butternut soup for an interesting lunch yesterday to use stuff up and some fun new finds at Grocery Outlet,
Have not tried the vegan quiche yet, but had to grab it since hubby is a fan of quiche-like dishes. I grabbed some Hail Merry treats for me for the week, yum!
And last night we dined out in Midtown Sacramento to review more vegan options and saw an Anonymous for the Voiceless demonstration.
It was a peaceful, but startling demonstration that I was glad to see and encouraged to see passionate people taking a stand against cruelty. I like the calm, non-confrontational approach.
- Vegan pizza wins pizza championship!
- Best vegan items from Chipotle.
- Love these recyclable vegan shoes.
- Wife Swap is going vegan. Interesting.
- Dairy farms are going away in the US.
- Beyond Meat is going public. Cool!
- How to add a long run into your routine.
- Pizza Hut is adding vegan cheese!
- Natalie Portman’s awesome speech linking veganism to feminism.
- New vegan options at Costco. Again, let’s hope they stay!
- Recycle old T-shirts for money.
- Planta creates vegan dishes for meat eaters.
- Vegan Biscoff Cookie Butter at Target.
- 10 stars fighting for the environment. Yes, we need more!
- Wow, congrats to Miyoko’s for this honor!
- So Simon Cowell is vegan now and rocking a healthier body.