It has been a strange and disorienting week starting very early Monday getting my mom to the hospital for hip replacement surgery. Since then, it’s been a busy schedule rotating with my sisters helping her recover, staying overnight for the recommended hours of monitoring, working, and still dealing with this damn cold. Thankfully things are settling down and I’m looking forward to having more fun soon. We also still have my mom’s dog who has been a sweetheart.
But the competition for attention with Miko is intense, they fight over lap time and race to eat meals the fastest. But Dasher is learning to eat more veggies here and even open to broccoli now.
I have not been great about getting pictures this week, it’s been a bit of a blur. But I have been getting to the gym and getting runs in even if not great runs.
Yesterday’s run of the gym went great, but this mornings run cut short with coughing and congestion again. Hopefully this cold is almost done, I read it could be up to 14 days and I’m getting there.
Eats have been good this week starting with a fun Mexican grits dish I did for dinner with veggies, canned tomatoes, and kidney beans. Then a tasty curry veggie saute.
Of course simple tempeh and tofu stir fries too.
Hubby tried a new product he found at Sprouts, Loma Linda Hearty Plant-Based Stew.
He paired it with mashed potatoes and gave it a thumbs up, would get again. Very simple to heat up for a meal on the go.
We stepped out to The Porch Friday night to celebrate hubby’s birthday where the vegan options never disappoint.
The meal was fabulous! I had the Fried Cauliflower Salad which was a healthier, hearty salad topped with cornmeal coated cauliflower fried to perfection. Hubby for the vegan chili dog with damn good house made chili, topping a vegan hot dog served with fries, pickled onion, and avocado. He loved it and we shared a plate of vegan slaw with corn.
And finished up with the decadent banana cake dessert which was layers of dense and sweet banana bread with dreamy frosting and candied pecans. We had a great time chatting over wine and shopping after.
And Saturday and Sunday have been a little crazy helping my mom – hip surgery is major and tracking medication, arranging physical therapy and home nurse visits, cleaning, cooking, etc. has been busy. Sigh, I could use more weekend. But worth it and glad she will be much better after recovery. So to the list then!
- Burger King serving the Impossible Whooper is pretty exciting.
- So is Ben & Jerry’s vegan cookie dough bites.
- This creamy curry recipe sounds dreamy.
- Even I want to try these rainbow waffles.
- Vegans more likely to avoid cancer than vegetarians.
- Cool health drink for seniors that’s healthier.
- Should we care about proper running form?
- This inspirational runner breaking records at nearly 50.
- Vegans have the healthiest diet.
- Vegans have a healthier biomarker profile.
- Santa Barbara is having their first ever Vegan Chef Challenge. Exciting that this trend is growing and bringing better dine out options!
- And inspiring vegan dinner recipes to mix things up.