We’ve gone from winter to summer with a high in the 90s today and the pups are in full lazy summer mode already.
The heat did not stop me from roasting sweet potatoes in the oven, especially when the recipe is kicky and sweet without oil.
Kicky Maple Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 2 large sweet potatoes cut into ½ pieces
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. tamari
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. cayenne (optional)
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients except sweet potatoes in a small bowl.
- Place sweet potatoes in a large bowl and toss with mixture from small bowl until coated.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and spread sweet potatoes on it.
- Back for 35-40 minutes, turning after 20 minutes if desired. Serve and enjoy! Makes 4 servings.
This is a simple and fun recipe which a sweet flare the entire family can enjoy. It skips oil and uses maple syrup where many call for sugar. I paired it with simple air fried Brussels sprouts for a, uh, youthfully fun dinner.
And am looking forward to mixing the leftovers in a salad, yum.
Mmm, love that sweet and spicy contrast. I think any sort of vegetable would be fantastic with these seasonings! I’m thinking Brussels sprouts, mushrooms, even zucchini… The sky’s the limit!
Yes, this could work for many veggies. Mmm, would be great for carrot fries too.
Matcha Me says
Love eating sweet potatoes, and this sounds like an excellent combination of ingredients for adding on to the potatoes!