It has been a lazy weekend here with my sweet home office buddy enjoying a warm blanket under his space heater.
That’s because it’s been cold, windy, and rainy all weekend. Besides going to the gym and running errands, we’ve been spending time indoors eating leftovers, organizing, playing games, and watching movies.
And my last three runs have been at the gym because I can run in most conditions. Rain downpour? Freezing temps? No problem. But strong winds? No way! Yeah, I know, but I hate running in strong crosswinds and we’ve been getting 30+ MPH winds here this weekend.
Treadmill running has been fine zoning out to music or a podcast and a good opportunity to lock in pace goals and speed intervals. Our gym is already packed for the New Year’s rush and it has not been bothering me, trying to enjoy the people watching and try new machines when others are taken. At the same time, I always wonder why some choose January to start a new gym habit when the weather is freezing, it’s dark, and gyms are frustratingly packed.
Hubby headed to a Carl’s Jr. this week to try the vegan version of their new Beyond Famous Star burger featuring a Beyond Meat patty!
So exciting that a huge fast food chain is now offering the Beyond Burger and it’s apparently selling really well! And it’s lighter and vegan without cheese or mayo, hubby gave it a thumbs up as a fan for the Beyond Burger patty. To me this is super exciting progress and I hope more fast food chains follow.
I have been eating a lot of tofu and veggie dishes this week starting with the tofu asparagus dish with brown rice from Pho Vegan Asian Cuisine.
A simple tofu and rainbow chard dish at home and the Teriyaki Tofu Rice Bowl from Lazy Dog Restaurant and Bar on Friday for a co-worker’s going away lunch. The tofu dish from Lazy Dog was good, not quite as good as past versions I’ve had since it seemed to have less veggies, but reasonably priced.
We also headed to new local vegan restaurant Vegan Plate again to try more dishes from the menu. We tried the Soy Chicken Joy starter, spicy Pad Thai, and Vietnamese Vermicelli with vegan “beef” and plenty of fresh veggies.
The Soy Chicken Joy was delicious with a crunchy fried chicken texture that was flavorful and not greasy. Well it was all delicious!
And hubby is making wonderful vegan chili for dinner tonight while it’s raining, cold, and still very windy outside – perfect night for chili and we’re so thankful to be getting the rain and snow in the mountains!
Okay, to the list!
- Going vegan could make you faster in the long run.
- 5 ways to be a better vegan in 2019.
- Snowboarder Niki Kelly embraces the ultimate simple vegan life.
- Going vegan could help you sleep.
- How running cured her anxiety.
- 17 easy vegan slow-cooker recipes.
- Vegan fast food is going mainstream.
- Athletes can be vegan too.
- Vegan peanut butter snack squares, yes please.
- Top 10 vegan blogs to follow.
- 31 vegan recipes for a plant based January.
- Why some choose a vegan diet.
- This mom dropped 153 lbs. on a vegan diet.
- This runner started running at age 70.
- Vegan friendly morning rituals to energize.
- How to become a better vegan activist.
- Stars share tips on adopting a vegan lifestyle.