The last few days have been a drag for the pups, not enough walks with all the wind and rain. There has been a lot of pouting.
And nasty looks.
For some reason I have become obsessed with smoky flavors with all the rain, there’s something savory and comforting about a hot, smoke-seasoned dish. Where has liquid smoke been all my life? It works wonderfully blended into this creamy hemp sauce to coat roasted potatoes.
Smoky Roasted Potatoes
- 6 medium potatoes, chopped to 1 ½” to 2” wedges
- 1/3 cup hemp hearts
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- ½ tsp. liquid smoke (or more if you like it strong)
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/3 cup water, as needed
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place hemp seeds, smoked paprika, liquid smoke, rosemary, garlic, and water into a blender and blend to a smooth and creamy texture.
- Toss blended mixture in a large bowl with potatoes to coat.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a non-stick mat.
- Bake for 35 minutes or to desired texture with crispy edges and creamy middles.
- Serve and enjoy!
It’s kind of fun and therapeutic tossing this thick and gloppy sauce in a large bowl.
After 35 minutes, the texture was perfect for me – crispy, but smooth and creamy middles.
I made it a fun finger meal with carrot sticks and Ikea veggie balls.
The flavor is perfect with a satisfyingly savory smoky flare while being comforting and hearty. But not greasy or over-cooked.
The sauce could work well for smoky baked fries too. Not a bad way to fight gloomy weather blues!