It has been an interesting week here, a bit of a blur and I have not been great at documenting eats or much of anything! Both hubby and I are going through job changes that are exciting, but also stressful and I’ve been feeling like we’re just hanging on until things settle more. With the stress, I have been stealing more cuddle time with Miko who has been a little restless with the summer heat and lack of walks in the hot weather.
It has been all about simple with eats – veggie stir fries and salads after busy days and leftovers for work lunches. I have been into adding canned corn to salads and stir fries lately, just like the texture and flavor.
There have been some eating out too – we got a new Blaze Pizza location blissfully close to us and had to try it out last weekend. The spicy sauce, vegan cheese and spicy vegan chorizo make a tasty combination with pineapple, olives, and artichoke hearts.
After one very busy day, hubby picked up food from Zest Kitchen for dinner – veggie wrap with hummus and avocado and my favorite Watermelon Wonder Kombucha.
And we stepped out out for vegan Thai food Friday, spicy coconut curry – yum!
Hubby got me an early birthday gift – a large Stasher bag.
I buy and freeze tons of ripe bananas for smoothies and re-use disposable freezer bags for a long as I can which does not seem like long when the seals start to fail. These will replace those and I love that the seal locks very tight without needing an additional piece.
You can freeze them, cook in them, store dry ingredients in the pantry, or chilled contents in the fridge. Looking forward to getting more and continuing to reduce our plastic use.
I’ve got a lot to catch up today after a busy week, hopefully next week won’t be as crazy. And I hope you have a great week starting with this list.
- A guide to vegan and cruelty-free makeup.
- The 5 best vegan spots in Sacramento. This list needs to be longer, there are a lot of great spots!
- Patrik Baboumian strikes back at Joe Rogan.
- Vegan meat is about to get cheaper than meat. Good news!
- Another vegan athlete breaking records.
- Costco has a multi pack of Just Egg!
- Jaden Smith being awesome.
- Quorn vegan meat better than milk for muscle building.
- Snoop Dogg is pushing vegan food.
- Miyoko’s products are way better for the environment than dairy.
- Plant based recipes to satisfy carnivores.
- Need to try this place in Log Beach!
- 5 delicious dessert recipes to try.
- This is … odd. But I guess.