Back at Monday already, bummer. I thoroughly enjoyed a laid back and productive weekend and needed the down time to catch up and rest before the busy week of projects and being on call for work. And today was a busy start to the week that I’d like to forget by reliving the weekend highlights. :-)
1. We saw Star Trek Into Darkness and it was awesome.
Packed with non-stop action, it barely slowed down for character development or a breather, but I didn’t find that to be a problem since it brought all the characters back from the first movie and made a great action-packed summer romp.
2. We tried out a new Thai restaurant, My That Table, where even the waters were fancy with cute little wrapper roses and a mint leaf.
I got the green curry tofu special and the medium spicy level was perfect for me. The tofu wasn’t fried in this dish and it seemed to absorb the sauce flavors better.
For dessert, hubby and I spit coconut mango sticky rice that was beautifully presented.
I’ve never had rice for dessert, but it was delicious served hot with a sweet coconut flavor and little crunch from the sesame seeds, a lot like a sweet oatmeal.
3. I made a messy kale salad yesterday with salsa, chopped avocado, and corn chips mixed in.
The texture and flavors were a fun change.
4. I also loaded my dehydrator with kale chips and now have a huge stash in our pantry that won’t last long.
I coated the kale leaves in the hemp nacho sauce from Kristen Suzanne’s Raw Vegan Hemp recipe book before dehydrating for 8 hours and they came out great with the perfect amount of spicy kick.
5. We got a lot done in the garden, I planted more kale, watermelon, and spaghetti squash plants while hubby did an amazing job weeding and sprucing up the front yard.
So nice to check off the to do list! And I admired the sunflowers that are starting to bloom.
6. Hubby surprised me by preparing dinner last night.
He fried up patties of Trader Joe’s Organic Polenta with mushrooms and seasonings.
While I read the Sunday ads.
With a cute lap buddy. I could get used to this.
And he even did a gorgeous job plating the polenta rounds with a drizzle of truffle oil and asparagus, so pretty.
And so sexy when a man prepares amazing meals, right?