TGIF! So happy Friday is here and I have a pretty random post since that’s about all I’m good for after another mind-frying day at work!
1. We’ve been having a chihuahua party here the last two days with three of them in the house watching my mom’s chihuahua while she was out of town.
And Miko has been more clingy than usual competing for attention and my ab weight for crunches.
Hubby has been an awesome sport watching all the dogs and helping me keep the peace during walks and dinner time. But three is a crowd!
2. My car officially hit 100,000 miles and it only took me 10 1/2 years to do it.
I was pretty proud of this milestone, but found a lot of people drive way more than me when I posted the pic on Intstagram. :-)
3. I have not been putting a lot of miles on my new running shoes I spent a small fortune on last month unfortunately because they’re not breaking in as well as I’d hoped. They’re more stiff than my favorite ASICS GEL-Kinetic 3s and rubbing in one spot while being too stiff in the heel to pull as tight as I light around my narrow ankle.
So I ended up spending another $80 on ASICS GT-2160 and frustrated about that.
So far they’re breaking in better and feel lighter than the GEL-Kinetic series and I’m keeping my fingers crossed they won’t be a problem for tomorrows long run. Buying running shoes can be a mixed bag because they can feel good at first in stores, but I can’t return them when they start having issues for longer runs – grrr!
4. I decided to use RunKeeper for something other than running and dug out my Rollerblades to try the skating activity.
While it doesn’t burn as many calories as running, it’s another fun way to get outdoors and rack up the miles.
5. I made a tahini tofu stir fry for dinner last night that came out great.
I was gonna try a new raw broccoli soup recipe I’ve been working on, but changed my mind last minute after a stressful day. Recipe coming soon for the sauce after I perfect it. :-)
6. We get a lot of free food at work, but it’s usually stuff I don’t want like Krispy Kreme doughnuts, Red Vines, and other forms of junk food. But I scored big today when a co-worker brought in huge boxes of oranges from his tree.
My type of freebies!