Whew, it’s been another crazy week here and it feels like time is flying and Christmas will be here like tomorrow! The pups aren’t stressing, they’re enjoying the fireplace fully relaxed.
Miko leaves his toy in front of the fire a lot to warm it up.
This time of year can bring on a lot of unhealthy stress eating with tons of temptations around. I try to counter that by eating mostly whole food plant based dishes at home and when I can. And this simple dressing is the perfect whole food answer to stress this time of year can bring with citrus for vitamin C, raw garlic, ginger, and turmeric. But it tastes like a creamy and kicky treat.
Kicky Brazil Nut Dressing
- 1/4 cup Brazil nuts
- 1 tangerine, peeled
- 1/2″ chunk of raw ginger
- 1 clove of raw garlic
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp. white miso paste
- 1/4 cup water, as needed
Place all ingredients into a high speed blender and blend to a smooth and creamy texture. Serve and enjoy! Makes 2-4 servings.
I dumped it on a colorful spinach salad with purple cauliflower, chickpeas, and carrots.
And the creamy dressing coated it nicely with rich flavor that wasn’t too heavy.
The turmeric and ginger flavor are perfect paired with citrus and the uniquely savory and slightly bitter flavor in Brazil nuts to make a lively and pleasant flavor combination.
Fight winter blues and bad eating with a colorful salad coated with this superfood dressing!
Okay, I usually don’t put a lot of effort into gift guides for the holidays, but here is a short list of inspiration for plant-based environment lovers:
- 4Ocean Bracelets – Plastic seems to be a hot topic this year and what a mess disposable plastics are making of the ocean and environment. These stylish bracelets fund pulling plastic out of the oceans and raise awareness about it.
- Pela Phone Cases – I’ve been using one for months now thoroughly stress testing it and really liking it. These minimal phone cases are made from flax seeds, not plastic, and biodegradable. And they don’t make your phone look like a bulky kids toy. Plus they’re protective, have a nice grip, and positive messages.
- Save the Duck – These jackets aren’t cheap, but very stylish, warm, and vegan-friendly.
- Eco Eyes – Eco friendly glasses that support planting more trees.
- Wild Minimalist – Can’t go wrong with anything from this site, they have zero waste kits to get started with a minimal, less cluttered and trashy lifestyle.
- Haiku Bags – My current favorite brand of vegan purses made from recycled plastic and offering professional and stylish options that are still functional with secured zippered pockets and washable!
- Eve Cork – Another great option to natural and classy vegan bags that look great without looking like leather.