I think Leela is preparing for winter because she has had quite the appetite lately begging as much as Miko and even running over to Miko’s dinner bowl to eat the rest of his V-Dog when he steps away.
So innocent. She is the master of weight control, she’s always the exact same weight for her annual checkups – 8.4 lbs. If she could only share her secret!
Hubby shared this wonderful vegan chili with me he made to celebrate the cooling temps.
And I complemented it with super simple oil free baked sweet potato wedges seasoned with tangy balsamic vinegar and fresh rosemary from our garden. You’re gonna love the simple ingredient list!
Balsamic Sweet Potato Wedges
- 2 large or 4-5 small sweet potatoes chopped into wedges
- 4 tbsp. minced fresh rosemary
- 3 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Toss wedges with rest of ingredients in a large bowl.
- Place on baking sheet with parchment paper or baking mat.
- Back for 30 minutes, until edges are crispy.
- Serve and enjoy! Makes 4-6 servings.
Served with a blend of organic ketchup and sriracha for dipping, these were a fun addition to the chili.
The wedges are hearty with a warming savory and tangy rosemary flavor and they smell divine.
They’re healthy, filling, fun to eat, and the simple ingredient list means they can be shared with hungry chihuahuas.