So happy the weekend is here and I’ve been trying to decompress from the hectic work week while still having a fun and productive Saturday that included:
1. Deciding to work out in our home gym this morning instead of running since my legs were a little sore.
2. Having a simple massaged kale salad for lunch with hemp seeds, chopped tomato, chopped apple, nutritional yeast, and a drizzle of apple cider vinegar, olive oil, and Trader Joe’s 21 seasoning blend.
3. Disturbing very comfortable cats on our bed to wash the sheets.
4. Washing pet toys and pet beds for the week, poor Miko pouted the entire time his stuffed witch was in the wash and has been very protective of it since.
5. Harvesting another huge bowl of late season green tomatoes from our garden to start prepping it for a winter crop of broccoli and kale. These will be stashed in a paper bag in the pantry for a few days to ripen.
6. Catching an afternoon showing of Argo with hubby, great movie with an interesting mix of actual news footage blended in with re-enacted story that was well paced and gripping.
7. Getting into a new and very popular Mexican restaurant, Zocalo, with a very short wait after the movie just in time for happy hour with fresh berry margaritas.
And excellent vegan enchiladas coated in a savory chocolate sesame mole sauce, stuffed with spinach and mushrooms.
And maybe a few too many fresh tortilla chips. :-) But a pleasant and wonderfully relaxing dinner and day, much needed after a crazy week.
How was your Saturday?